Get The Support You Need
The following minimum qualifications are required to be considered for our Patient Financial Assistance (PFA) program grant:
- Patient must be living and/or receiving treatment in our Metro Atlanta service area, which includes: Cherokee, Clayton, Coweta, Cobb, Dawson, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale and Walton counties.
- Patient must be at least 18 years old.
- Patient must be diagnosed with cancer and able to provide written documentation of the diagnosis from a healthcare provider.
- Patient must be in active treatment (chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, cancer-related surgery, etc.) or within a 12 month period following cancer treatment, and able to provide written documentation of treatment status from a healthcare provider.
- Patients who meet these qualifications are further screened for financial need in accordance with our guidelines.
"Thank you so much for the grant. You helped me in the hardest time in my life!"
— Breast cancer survivor
Atlanta Cancer Care Foundation provides assistance to cancer patients in the metro Atlanta area through our Patient Financial Assistance Program and provides funding for cancer education and research.
- Applicants must be referred by a healthcare professional (i.e., social worker, physician, physician assistant, nurse, or patient account representative) via a completed and signed Application for Patient Financial Assistance. The referring professional must be able to verify the patient's cancer diagnosis and treatment status as current or completed within the previous 12 months.
- If you are seeking assistance for yourself or a loved one, contact your oncologist or treatment facility and request a referral. Many providers in our service area have our application, or you can download it from this page.
- The application must be completed in full and signed by both the applicant and the referring professional. Applications may be submitted by fax to (678) 348-7523 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. ACCF will review for eligibility and contact the patient for additional screening. Applications are generally processed within one business day of receipt.
HOW GRANT RECIPIENTS USE THEIR GRANTS
What Does This Mean?
- Last year, ACCF made a difference in the lives of 880 cancer patients in Metro Atlanta.
- ACCF provided more than $75,000 in utility assistance for cancer patients and their families in 2016.
- In 2016, ACCF made sure more than 100 patients were able to both continue their treatment AND care for their families.
- As of September 2017, ACCF has helped save more than 30 families from eviction in this year alone.
PFA Grant Guidelines
Standard grant award amounts are determined by the ACCF Board of Directors, and may be changed at any time based on available funding. Grant awards are once in a lifetime.
Grant payments are typically paid directly to the company owed. Grant recipients must provide a copy of the bill, late notice, account statement, statement from landlord or other documentation necessary for ACCF to make a grant payment. Grant awards are not paid in cash.