MAKING A DIFFERENCE
HOW YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE
When a patient is diagnosed with cancer, the disease is not the only thing that threatens their health. The financial impacts – extra costs because of diagnosis and treatment, often coupled with a loss of income – can have such a strong effect on patient well-being that they have been given their own name: “Financial Toxicity.” The Atlanta Cancer Care Foundation is here to help Metro Atlanta’s cancer patients deal with this financial toxicity so they can focus on what is most important – getting better.
Your donations to the ACCF directly benefit local cancer patients and their families by providing assistance for everyday expenses such as mortgage payments and utility bills, medical insurance premiums and co-pays, food, household and transportation expenses; it also supports cancer education programs and research with a local impact.
Together, we can continue to make a difference.
HOW DOES YOUR GIFT HELP?
- A gift of $1,000 helps prevent eviction for a patient's family when they have nowhere else to go.
- A gift of $500 helps a patient cover their household expenses during the waiting period before their first disability check.
- A gift of $250 prevents the utilities from being shut off in a patient's home.
- A gift of $100 makes sure a patient and their family have food on the table this week.
- A gift of $50 helps a patient get safely to and from their next chemotherapy appointment.
- A gift of $25 covers the prescription co-pay for a patient who can't afford their medication.
WAYS TO GIVE
In the Past 18 Months...
Donations to ACCF help grantees meet their most basic needs—food for their children, utility payments, and even their own medical co-pays.
Your donation is a source of hope for those in need.