The Atlanta Cancer Care Foundation (ACCF) has been making a difference in our community since 2001.
Founded by the physicians and staff of Atlanta Cancer Care, a medical oncology practice with offices located throughout the metropolitan Atlanta area, ACCF was created to help alleviate some of the financial burdens experienced by cancer patients and their families, and to provide support for cancer education and research in the Atlanta area.
From its inception, ACCF has focused on making an impact for cancer patients in our community, with a service area that includes 17 Metro Atlanta counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale and Walton. ACCF maintains low overhead and administrative costs, ensuring that the maximum amount of funds raised go directly to fulfill our mission.
To assist adult cancer patients in the Metro Atlanta area through:
- financial assistance to those financially challenged by cancer
- funding for professional and public education regarding cancer related issues
- funding for cancer research
We fulfill that mission through our Patient Financial Assistance program, and through financial support of cancer-related education and research, with an emphasis on programs with a local focus.
In the past year, ACCF Has ...
- Provided financial assistance for essential living expenses during treatment and recovery to more than 700 cancer patients living and/or receiving treatment in the Metro Atlanta area.
- Paid a patient's past due rent to stop eviction proceedings when he was unable to work during treatment.
- Helped a low-income senior get necessary dental work so that treatment of his hematologic cancer could resume.
- Helped pay for repairs to a patient’s vehicle, ensuring that she could continue to get to her treatment appointments.
- Helped a patient whose family was in severe financial crisis as a result of treatment costs and lost wages, by providing assistance to buy groceries.